- Amazon’s new Echo Look has a built-in camera for style selfies - cat wait... https://t.co/MhsbeSFKPr, 15 hours ago
- Thought this was clever from Heinie https://t.co/F5FkObQBvW via @YouTube, 17 hours ago
- Interesting view from @L2_Digital but US-centric. Think opp will be true in ANZ where tap'n'go is normal. https://t.co/H4LyiWNWI5, 17 hours ago
- So right, but in marketing systems of record @SimpleHQ are just getting going https://t.co/kYl7vDroMP, Apr 25
- The Challenge of Our Disruptive Era, by @BenSasse https://t.co/7VTHeSZKre via @WSJ, Apr 24
- If you can't make a dent in your to-do list, you're probably thinking about it all wrong https://t.co/oujNf2Dio4, Apr 23
- Uber’s C.E.O. Plays With Fire, via @nytimes https://t.co/3Sq9vxbY9K, Apr 23
- Yep. Going to happen. https://t.co/xPaA6hBvZW, Apr 23
- Philosopher Andrew Taggart is helping Silicon Valley executives define success — Quartz https://t.co/W5WdmBSTGI, Apr 22
- TV Commercial | The Truth Is Hard To Find – Bryan Denton | The New York ... https://t.co/yhmga2bmyZ via @YouTube, Apr 22
- Time to be Honest About the Fear That’s Getting in Your Way, via @nytimes https://t.co/LYLawW2f3g, Apr 21
- Great teams are built on cohesion... https://t.co/tOMep17aHf, Apr 21
- Love that quote... "too mismanaged to matter" - Walmart consolidation underway! https://t.co/BavLIazLu4, Apr 21
- Another lens on Morgo is drinking with smart people in Barossa can't ever be a bad thing! https://t.co/V6kl8a6lue https://t.co/j4vNXjFwZm, Apr 21
- Excited that fave high-growth conf is coming to Aus. Buy tickets now! Learn lots. Network well… https://t.co/9N8A2KukTn, Apr 21
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.