- Why Is My Life So Hard? A great listen https://t.co/E4lja1xrMx, 3 hours ago
- Holy @&);$; Just amazing https://t.co/uwLMBtvxlV, 12 hours ago
- Great read on scaling a SaaS company https://t.co/Lp7cFUYzLj, 23 hours ago
- Holden and Kia pull ads from YouTube https://t.co/rd1qQPmy7A, 23 hours ago
- A brilliant read from a brilliant mind... Yuval Noah Harari challenges the future according to Facebook https://t.co/LgQ053tXHG via @FT, 23 hours ago
- Oh, so that's how he does it... Rich Roll: A day in the life of the vegan iron man | The New Daily https://t.co/hFQMZ1ok2E, Mar 26
- “Yes, I still use Evernote. Because it’s still the best way to get s**t done.” by @Jonwestenberg https://t.co/Ve2It0Bvo6, Mar 25
- Best news ever. And not a minute too soon. https://t.co/iYVcWDst7d, Mar 24
- Stoicism is having a moment in the robot revolution https://t.co/2APCRNrYlw #mustread, Mar 23
- Great piece on Soul Machines - will change the way we interact with computers and AI https://t.co/tLXp8deoKB, Mar 22
- "Tony Robbins: How to Suffer Less (and Invest Intelligently)" #winners #feedly https://t.co/oAUwWFHeVQ, Mar 22
- You go kiwis... https://t.co/YKg96OlVsD, Mar 22
- Yes, Your Sleep Schedule Is Making You Sick https://t.co/lpIpo8p6vw, Mar 20
- A staggeringly good piece of rugby writing - Thuggish England get expunged https://t.co/X1ezdWaYez, Mar 19
- Just how much trouble is Ten in? (Answer: A lot more than you probably realise) https://t.co/PNe6lT0DgU, Mar 19
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.