- Apple will open 40 new stores this year, an average of one every nine days.
- The stores conduct approximately 3,500 special events, such as classes on software, every week.
- On average, 10,876 visitors come to an Apple Store each week, up from 9,316 per week last fiscal year.
- Average revenue per store is $441,000 per week.
- Employee turnover is 20 percent a year, compared to 50 percent on average for the retail industry.
- The average Apple Stores outsells all its neighbors, stores like Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Sharper Image, combined.
- The average Apple Store, with its 6,000 square feet of space, generates two-thirds of the revenue of a Best Buy, which averages 38,000 square feet.
- There are over 100,000 ProCare members, each ProCare membership generating $99 per year, plus the irritation of those waiting in line at the Genius Bar without ProCare membership.
- 20,000 children
were indoctrinatedparticipated in the Summer Camp program this year.
Everytime I go into a store I’m stunned at how alive they are. For a contrast, visit a Sony store. Each Apple store is in effect one of the community epicenters. A place to learn, meet, swap ideas and get support. They really are remarkable.