- Cobalt mining for lithium ion batteries has a high human cost - Washington Post https://t.co/aDgxP0MnEP, 7 hours ago
- When Fear Is a Competitive Advantage — 4 Steps to Make It Work for You | First Round Review https://t.co/vmlXQJVzz4, Sep 29
- A great read - the one book I'm looking forward to at the moment https://t.co/ibC7ubhcJA), Sep 29
- Australia's Mad Man and Ogilvy's apprentice: the early life and times of Michael Ball - Mumbrella https://t.co/G47ytK828m, Sep 27
- Great comments by Chris Luxton https://t.co/LD0FRGWKCd, Sep 27
- What I Learned From a Stroke at 26: Make Time to Untangle https://t.co/9PHGhfTrLF, Sep 27
- Facebook's go-to management guide dispels a common myth about leaders and managers https://t.co/K5OjTlRBhU, Sep 27
- Great read and insights. “The End of Tech Companies” @robdthomas https://t.co/dWNMDVkASe, Sep 23
- Salesforce just stole Oracle's thunder on the eve of its huge annual conference https://t.co/UmTDiLFU12, Sep 20
- https://t.co/55Quf4W8an, Sep 19
- I just published “Tuxedo ROI” https://t.co/baZmeJWVh5, Sep 18
- I just published “7 Tips & Trips for Travelling from Australia to America” https://t.co/sb4q3ye0YE, Sep 18
- Interesting question from John B - "Can Purpose Be Acquired?” by @johnbattelle https://t.co/nkX5idv1qp, Sep 18
- “The Six Reasons Smart Folks are Worried About Apple” by @Jason https://t.co/6xdxqClMjU, Sep 17
- Apple's New AirPods Ad - CONAN on TBS https://t.co/3498pmODSZ via @YouTube, Sep 17
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.