- Wow, Spiro says it all... The Aussie commentators for the most part were appalling in calling the game. https://t.co/Bj4TDz2mZq, 3 hours ago
- “The Tyranny of Agile” by @pahlkadot https://t.co/2ZZn1rUiuK, Aug 27
- Lloyd Carney: Think You’re Irreplaceable? Take the Bucket Test https://t.co/apiAF1axxP, Aug 26
- Twitter: How can you choose the best apps to run your #smallbiz? https://t.co/4IyJumZTsM, Aug 25
- Wallabies having a great week. Now promoting beer to my 8 year old. Awesome role models on and off the field. https://t.co/X7OmJIc5LM, Aug 23
- and boards too... Situation vacant: technology triathletes wanted — https://t.co/T3nZTKXkXr https://t.co/XBXtcKz1aE, Aug 22
- Interesting debate. https://t.co/GAOTgTo6E8, Aug 22
- An unexpected path to business insight: Internal communications https://t.co/EOF9lAvqNY, Aug 20
- Good read on SaaS valuations https://t.co/tQiWBenuR8, Aug 19
- Big move by Atlassian. One step ahead of Slack. Collision course with Google. https://t.co/nn8PsPQMZz, Aug 19
- Great read... https://t.co/OSb8BbQrcY, Aug 19
- Congrats to all our partners and team on the new @Xero marketplace https://t.co/AZqQZb5lTk, Aug 19
- Artificer in Surrey Hills is fantastic. And a @Xero customer!!! @artificercoffee https://t.co/A6Ayj1mKp2, Aug 19
- Great to see our best Aussie partners at #xerocon @SMART_SBS https://t.co/F6iJNRqk25, Aug 17
- Dominos still one of the hottest tech companies downunder... Oh the irony.... https://t.co/ETMtrRO6ov, Aug 17
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.