- RT @meiyume: Japan spends 10% more than U.S. on apps; tops the world in mobile game purchases. http://t.co/4LIHi3VQa9, 24 hours ago
- RT @Visible_Banking: #VBvault: KBank Provides 'Lifestyle' Banking Via Social Media And Digital http://t.co/vLjYAyXWd0 #SocialMedia, 24 hours ago
- The link to Jony Ive is kind of silly but this is a great post on making great coffee... http://t.co/kQnlK95Uc4, Dec 09
- TD Ameritrade Commercials Link Olympics and Investing - http://t.co/CKtaxMKUB2 http://t.co/LWmuIIA0cK, Dec 08
- RT @coastw: IBM's Big Plans for Cloud Computing http://t.co/znD0zgikdh @ibm, Dec 08
- Ultimate XMAS gift for us coffee lovers... http://t.co/bYhbQz0ZIA, Dec 08
- Wallabies snubbed in World XV selection http://t.co/lfH1hHj4IR, Dec 06
- Working for the Man Pays Off! Palantir Is Worth Three Snapchats http://t.co/xj8ZeEcf4e, Dec 06
- RT @FlyAirNZ: The red carpet was rolled out for our new #AirNZHobbit plane in LA this morning ahead of the premiere! http://t.co/rONIfgnl4O, Dec 03
- RT @smschwan: The 5 Questions Every Company Should Ask Itself http://t.co/WPosjL1aoc, Dec 03
- Nice shot of the Martin Jetpack. Excited to see this coming to fruition. http://t.co/kmQpjxTzhf, Dec 03
- RT @FlyAirNZ: Smaug swooped into Los Angeles this morning! #AirNZHobbit #SmaugSpotting http://t.co/8RiuwDjzJ6, Dec 03
- "Zappos Turns Baggage Claim Carousel Into Wheel of Fortune" great idea http://t.co/TG5n9lFJ6a, Nov 29
- "→ Newsstand sucks in iOS 7" good read http://t.co/Uufmv2ZDAP, Nov 29
- Good example of content overtaking PR... http://t.co/I4ePcRRaKJ, Nov 29
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.