- Personality Research Says Change in Major Traits Occurs Naturally - http://t.co/YBPWJA1HzG http://t.co/ZPlcYlm5aO, 2 hours ago
- So right... Activist urges ‘fix’ for Silicon Valley - http://t.co/T3nZTLfubz http://t.co/YnjKeG2MdT, 5 hours ago
- Boom! Marketo ignites the real marketing platform wars - Chief Marketing Technologist http://t.co/TvjrEUvoCX, 7 hours ago
- Coke declares content is king and the corp website is dead http://t.co/m9R8AwhSIN, Apr 21
- @grant_pattison delighted to help anyway I can, Apr 18
- @trib it's just shocking how bad they are, Apr 18
- Fri and Sat are the same in Nth Sydney - broadband speeds collapse. Sick and tired of Telstra. #telstra #telstrasucks, Apr 18
- @BluesRugbyTeam pathetic performance. Hard to be a fan of a rudderless team., Apr 18
- Pathetic Blues performance. Big questions to ask about coaching and. Selection. No anchor. No strategy. #bluesrugby #super15, Apr 18
- Another shocker by the Blues. They have no game maker orchestrating. What is Kirwin thinking., Apr 18
- Parametric estimations of the world distribution of income | vox http://t.co/CXnfjKe9Zf, Apr 18
- Capitalism and the Dalai Lama - http://t.co/VMYxBxZYZ5 http://t.co/XwVRQWH0Lb, Apr 18
- Earth and Sea http://t.co/y6Fyraso0u via @feedly, Apr 18
- "Killing the Lorax: 900 Environmental Activists Slain in the Past 10 Years" good read http://t.co/iQINyrduB0, Apr 17
- Love stumbling across sites like this... Designtripper http://t.co/dly98xF1OB, Apr 17
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.