- Air NZ's cool new technology http://t.co/rVHscIJ5MT, Sep 01
- The next big thing... Sushi burritos http://t.co/Iv2xNpRMG2, Aug 31
- New Blue Bottle in Palo Alto is cool. Love the workspace to rent behind it. Great idea http://t.co/qNz3qSoQYv, Aug 31
- Content Marketing Idea for Small Businesses: Let Your Customers Do The Talking With User Generated Content http://t.co/osqOhSHAZE, Aug 30
- Loving the new Gin Wigmore album. Blood to Bone. Lovely. @ginwigmore, Aug 30
- Why Can’t You Draw The Face of a Penny? Understand the Reason and Learn Spanish Twice as Fast: http://t.co/C9uAzXXcvu, Aug 27
- “For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope.” - Albert Einstein, Aug 27
- A Year Without Screens: One Man's Digital Detox http://t.co/QicpV6YZGF, Aug 27
- The new behavioralism | ROUGH TYPE http://t.co/Xc8SVcPuO8, Aug 27
- Too good. Bones Brigade: An Autobiography (Rodney Mullen Re-Edit) https://t.co/ahzZi1u3l1, Aug 26
- Seriously, have you just forgotten about this flight all together? Really... @FlyAirNZ, Aug 24
- Hey, would be polite to let us know what is up with NZ842. No announcements and nobody at the gate. @FlyAirNZ http://t.co/pLOhMpDU84, Aug 24
- How to Easily Save 60 Minutes Every Day - - The Buffer... https://t.co/EjXEDtNhHC, Aug 22
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.