- Xero CEO Rod Drury on the enterprise impact of small business accounting software https://t.co/l9uz0YHwxc, 13 hours ago
- Xero users get Power-BI big data boost https://t.co/BdTRfoUKWs #xerocon, Feb 09
- A great read on depression. https://t.co/J6rRcuzFdS, Feb 09
- Shoreditch Grind and a Social Wall. What's not to like #xerocon https://t.co/eywsrnlkgr, Feb 09
- One monster Xerocon screen waiting for Xero content goodness @Xero #xerocon #xerocon2016 https://t.co/gg7mtpfpZ4, Feb 09
- First bus is here @xerocon https://t.co/9pl6bQhovx, Feb 09
- Getting ready for the big day https://t.co/ikrkekIyux, Feb 09
- Off to London for Xerocon and to hang with our amazing UK team. See you in 25 hours or so @Xero, Feb 07
- Great data on Cloud biz. https://t.co/F68nNMYQh5 #xero @xero, Feb 06
- Pitch for Cash, Not Coffee https://t.co/TNvgKWukIT via @sharethis, Feb 06
- The Miele Fiasco https://t.co/zJh4tYmjlj via @mieleaustralia @winningjohn, Feb 06
- “These 7 Nootropics Are the Real Smart Drugs” by @LincolnCannon https://t.co/w2124umxg0, Feb 06
- Facebook's HR chief recommends this business book to all new managers https://t.co/6uJD7D2QmP, Feb 06
- “How these 5 Australian founders leveraged Instagram to build a multi-million dollar, global…” by @alexandraheber https://t.co/6jUADCMufK, Feb 05
- And in the "who gives a shit category" Kerry sent 'secret' email to Clinton from personal account https://t.co/4urmovUOpB, Feb 03
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.