- Does each click of attention cost a bit of ourselves? — https://t.co/ZswvrrU2Jz via @aeonmag, 3 hours ago
- “5 Simple Ways to Make Email Suck 90% Less” by @mfishbein https://t.co/F7dJhkA4vA, 4 hours ago
- Need ace product marketer - interim & full-time. Such a cool opp to market the most beautiful product. no recruiters. DM me. @xero, 11 hours ago
- Great read on how the growth of AI is underpinned by opensource. So exciting. https://t.co/j8bfRAoks7, 16 hours ago
- "PR problem? Hire a journalist… or rather don’t if you want to have successful PR" #bigblogs #feedly https://t.co/xTGk7RhngX, May 30
- So good... Now I want an Eagle... "Dutch Firm Trains Eagles to Take Down High-Tech Prey: Drones" https://t.co/oueyXcjJC8, May 30
- Staggering that Apple let the google logo onto the keyboard - iPhone now prominently a Google phone #brandmiss, May 29
- Find, Vet and Close the Best Product Managers – https://t.co/WGk5DKfMYN, May 29
- @roddrurycheck out the expanse, May 29
- Yeah right…. https://t.co/FawmRbJ2og, May 25
- PublicUs Las Vegas: Is This America’s Best New Cafe? https://t.co/Pa73xaaGtz #food #feedly, May 25
- The Real Secret to Productivity https://t.co/Ep3JiBBwOR, May 25
- I'm at Foundation Cafe in San Francisco, CA https://t.co/r7S0on0XJq, May 24
- Oh look, a new @roddrury trap https://t.co/EAAdGkOFfV, May 24
- Stickers on laptops start conversations - Just spent 20min chatting to an Accountant making the switch to Xero. Supa effic lead gen. @Xero, May 22
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.