- Proof the mktg supply chain is being altered forever - P&G axes agency fees by $500m http://t.co/oyXqaOYpn5, 2 hours ago
- The amazing growth story of Xero in one simple chart | Business Insider http://t.co/BhLPrpztxK, 11 hours ago
- Justine Musk Reveals Exactly What it Takes to Be as Great as Elon Musk http://t.co/nLToGLRWb4, Apr 25
- Awesome job by Team Westpac https://t.co/6tUf04BipT, Apr 23
- Just going through the investor presentation. Awesome to be part of a global saas co performing like this... http://t.co/O5Q11RHHlt, Apr 23
- Really proud of the great work by the Xero team. Super result. @xero https://t.co/TVl5M0YRqO, Apr 23
- Oh dear. Our PM makes page three of USA Today... Sigh. http://t.co/YKjgp2pmPj, Apr 23
- Having truly screwed up coffee in America we are moving into the tea http://t.co/CfoaHyyrZB, Apr 23
- Great ideas on product development http://t.co/5MxVdJigvq, Apr 21
- How AeroPress Fans Are Hacking Their Way To A Better Cup Of Coffee : The Salt : NPR http://t.co/4cvMl8DQAe, Apr 21
- How to Make the Perfect Flat White - Gear Patrol http://t.co/6J2t4SXV0Z, Apr 20
- We are excited to announce an Australian first & transform how @NAB customers do business http://t.co/4hMTNq5nFU, Apr 20
- "Design is the silent ambassador of your brand." - Paul Rand, Apr 20
- 3 reasons why the MYOB Group Limited IPO will be a dud | Motley Fool Australia http://t.co/PkgHIjxD5E, Apr 20
- Why you should avoid the MYOB float http://t.co/ximDMBUYLN, Apr 20
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.