- Introducing Amazon Go and the world’s most advanced shopping technology https://t.co/yhYEyjZ49g via @YouTube, 23 hours ago
- Threat read https://t.co/RqEIFBt0S8, Dec 04
- Moves at Virgin reflect broader drive to improve marketing productivity. @SimpleHQ is the productivity platform. https://t.co/Mnb3b3Df6v, Dec 03
- Hey @JetstarAirways get your app in all app stores, not just AU. Plenty of us use US accounts., Dec 03
- So right. And building massively successful tech companies depends on access to the best talent. https://t.co/gnyMtHZY9h, Dec 01
- Ace overview of what is cooking at Amazon and what it means https://t.co/cVhA39mie9, Dec 01
- “The Shift Is Here. Now We Must Lead.” @johnbattelle https://t.co/fAyO910u58, Nov 30
- Beautiful work. Love the font @JACharlesworth Tiger rebrand by Bruce Mau Design https://t.co/a8L5fEfvHT, Nov 24
- How fast things change. https://t.co/Qe2p9Ke12q, Nov 21
- Quit Social Media. Your Career May Depend on It. https://t.co/DzF0XrZhZM, Nov 21
- New Uber app will be a case study in how to break something nearly perfect. Is so bad. Fix it @Uber, Nov 20
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.