Having grown entirely sick of the negative coverage on Vista (how could Microsoft have let it get so bad?) it was great to see Gizmodo present a more balanced view on Vista features. Vista is a big step forward over XP. For me its all about:
- Arguably the best search features of any OS.
- Immediate start-up. The continuing broken record on slow start-up is garbage. I’ve got two systems running Vista – I touch the keyboard and my XPS-One is on. I open my M1330, swipe my finger across the reader, and its on. And they’ve been up and running for months.
- Fast. You’re nuts if you aren’t buying at least 2gb of RAM for your notebook. And for the small additional cost, go to 4.
- Office runs better. And Office is better on Vista than any other platform. Period.
- Looks great.
- Media Center is an awesome DVR and brilliant addition.
I agree that there are still problems. Just as there are problems with OSX. They are about on par when it comes to Wireless networking – which remains a pain at times on both platforms. And I wish I had more control over Windows Explorer.