The Hashtag is well down the path to ubiquitous marketing use. One hashtag, all platforms and a common brand meme. Like it.
“If you are already using hashtags in an advertising campaign through other channels, you can amplify these campaigns by including your hashtags in Facebook advertising … Any hashtags that you use on other platforms that are connected to your Facebook page will be automatically clickable and searchable on Facebook.”
“Facebook and hashtags are two words social marketers absolutely must pay attention to,” Michael Lazerow, CMO Salesforce Marketing Cloud told USA Today. “The door is open for companies to better discover their customers’ immediate interests, creating the potential for increased real-time marketing based around ongoing pop culture, sports and other major events.”
Prior to the hashtag launch, Facebook also introduced sponsored, targeted posts in Newsfeed, another tid-bit of social ad prowess that it borrowed from Twitter. And we use the phrase “borrowed” pretty losely.
- Facebook finally introduces hashtags – maybe we’ll all talk a little more
- #Ready? Clickable Hashtags are Coming to Your Facebook Newsfeed
- Facebook Finally Gets Hashtags: How They Work
- Clickable Hashtags on Facebook
- Facebook introduces #hashtags, taking a page from Twitter
- Use Hashtags to Increase the Reach of your Tweets
- What a #copycat: Facebook apes Twitter with hashtags
- Introducing Hashtags on Facebook… #Finally!
- Facebook introduces hashtags; no details on other new tools
- Is Facebook #ready?