… from marketingvox…
Chinese Social Media Use Surpasses US
Related research from Netpop also examines the social networking environment in China and finds that 92% of the 243 million broadband consumers in that country (224 million) ages 13+ contribute to social media. This is compared with only 76% of the American broadband population.
Additional findings about Chinese users:
- China has a sizable proportion of social media contributors who participate in many Web 2.0 activities, including blogs, micro-blogs, social media, video and photo sharing
- 43% of Chinese broadband users (105 million) contribute to forums and discussion boards.
- Young professionals ages 25-29 are the most active users of social media in China. They use more online modes of communication more often than any other age group.
- 37 percent of bloggers, or 29 million bloggers, post to blogs on a daily basis.
- 41 million Chinese are heavy social media contributors (6+ activities) who connect with 84 people on a ‘one-to-many’ basis in a typical week.