Maybe Its Just Me…
But these little things drive me crazy.
Why companies who are apparently so clever at so much don’t go after little things (and I know they are actually big for some) is beyond me.
- Hotels that charge by the device for WiFi. Really Hilton, you are a big hotel chain. Get rid of DoCoMo now and put your own wifi in. It is nuts to charge visitors to NZ $70 per device per week to connect to what is substandard Internet anyway. Look, you can figure out how to put a phone in the bathroom so surely you can put wifi on every floor. In fact, get rid of the phones in bathrooms and use the money to get WiFi right. Either way, just stop charging for WiFi. Period.
- NZ Exists: So come on Microsoft, add it to Lync in the US for conference calls. It drives me nuts the number of companies I go to do con calls with who are using Lync but who can’t originate a calling number for NZ. Nuts! And I’ve yet to do a call with Intercall where the NZ dial-in works.
- Travel times in Calendar Appointments – used to be a feature of Outlook. you could just drop in the time it would take to get to and from a meeting. Where’d it go? Google, put it in gCal now.
- Auto Upload Photos to Picasa. People email me photos all the time. Why is Picasa such an orphan. I don’t want to share my photos from gMail onto G+. First, I don’t know a single person using G+ in a serious way. Second, I don’t want to share them. Just give me a button to automagically put the photo into Picasa. And no, I don’t want to email it. Some us live in a world of expensive bandwidth.
- On/Off Buttons on the side of Bluetooth headsets. Really Senheisser. Which clever designer-type though it was a good idea to put it on the side so that whenever the little thing starts to fall out, well, you end up terminating your call. And while I am at it. Put more than two ear loops inside the packaging. For $90 you can afford the micro-cents they cost. And Jawbone, you aint much better.
- No Local Currency on Skype. It was cute and interesting to begin with, its now annoying. Fix it please.
- Google not automagically sorting results, always, by date. C’mon, I don’t need the most popular story from three years ago for a version of the product and features that no longer exist. And I know I can get there through the Advanced Search option, but why? Why? Make it easier to get the the freshest info.
- Reorder items in Apple Menu Bar. How silly is it that you can’t reorder the items in the menu bar – with the exception of Apple items like wifi. I want my priority items on the left so that when I open an app they dont get obliterated.
- … more to come …
What is on your list?