TV right? And so the stupid movement begins its attack on vlogs and Internet video in the workplace… The Wall Street Journal reports that a growing number of companies are thinking about blocking online videos in the workplace — blaming productivity loss and bandwidth (a garbage argument created by the technologically weak). Here are the benefits as I see it:
- Getting employees to use the likes of YouTube is a great first step to actually getting them into your properties on YouTube
- Video is the future – when faced with a choice, employees would rather watch than read… so get them to love watching
- They come to understand the implications of this new platform. Anyone can be a producer – and hopefully they will
- More controversially, its just fun. Happy employees are productive employees.
- It plugs them into the culture, sub culture and conversation you so desperately want to be part of
Finally, like you really have a choice…